It’s about that time of year again when some college seniors start interviewing for jobs in finance.
The interview process on Wall Street is known for being extremely nerve-wracking. We’ve heard all the interview horror stories and we’ve seen those lists of the incredibly challenging questions that get asked. Fortunately, we are here to help you with our great interviewing tips.
Here are the list of tips:
- Remember: The interview is meant to determine if you’re a good fit for the company.
- The first thing you need to do before the actual interview is figure out why you want the job.
- Which experiences and skills make you perfect for the job?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you have the necessary skills and commitment
- How do you know you want this job?
- Then you need to craft your story in a way that will resonate with your interviewer.
- For that, you’ll need to get to know yourself really well.
- Make sure you understand the position you’re interviewing for.
- Make a really good first impression by arriving early.
- Take names of people you meet.
- Know your resume inside and out.
- Be prepared to talk about your past work experience.
- Get ready to read and analyze a case study.
- After the interview you can send a brief thank you email if you want to.
- Here are the resources Goldman suggests using when preparing for an interview with them …